‘Part Night Lighting’ electricity saving to end in Chigwell


I have good news to share!  The darkness caused by the energy saving street-light switch off between the hours of 1am – 5am is to end after a recent ruling by Essex Council.  I have been very vocal about the easy target our dark streets have made of local homes which I believe has resulted in increased burglaries and vehicle theft.  I myself have suffered the ignominy of two cars stolen from my drive in the last four months.  Therefore, news of the recent illumination outcome is a much-needed morale antidote. 

The decision was made after the Parish Council of Chigwell agreed to fund the necessary £17,000 per year to maintain all night lighting.  Many campaigners have been voicing their desire for the return of all-night lighting ever since the decision to switch them off to save costs was made by Essex Council five years ago. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Community Unites in Mourning and Tribute as Murder Trial Looms for Slain Youth Daniel Anjorin

Multiple Victims Stabbed by Sword-Wielding Attacker Following Van Crash into Hainault Residence

What the Dickens, is going on in Chigwell?